You can work part-time with a status of residence of “Temporary Visitor” by Covid-19 pandemic special measures
＊This article in Japanese 速報 コロナ特例措置 短期滞在ビザでもアルバイトできます！
Normally, if you are in Japan on a status of residence of “Temporary Visitor”, you are not allowed to work in Japan.
However, as of today, December 1, 2020, a special measure has been implemented for foreign nationals who came to Japan for a short period of time but are unable to return to their home country due to the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19 pandemic) and who are experiencing difficulties in living in Japan.
You can work part time up to 28 hours per week.
By applying for “a permission to engage in activities other than those permitted under the status or residence previously granted” (資格外活動許可), you can work up to 28 hours per week if you are approved.
- People who cannot work with their current status of residence (e.g. People with a status of residence of “Temporary Visitor”)
- Those who have difficulty returning to their home country.
- People who cannot receive financial support from their relatives in Japan and are having difficulty in maintaining their lives in Japan until they return to their home country.
- Application for “a permission to engage in activities other than those permitted under the status or residence previously granted”
- Documents that prove the difficulty of returning to their home country
- Statement for reasons of application
We, Amie Immigration Law Office, help you from document preparation to application to the Immigration Bureau.
Please feel free to contact us.
News and Blog